What are the things which taught me selflessness in my life?
- My mother’s love
- My father’s guidance and affection
- The elderly people’s love and affection
- The Teachers and Professors who constantly guided me
- The uncles and aunties who brought chocolates and gifts for me when I was a child
- The friends who brought cakes on my birthdays
- The close friends who helped me continuously whenever I needed help
- The person who distributed water to the thirsty people on the hot summer days
- The persons who saved my life during an accident
- The friends, neighbors, relatives who were beside me during the worst days
- The smiling faces which cheered me up
- The cooked meal by the neighboring aunties when my mother was ill
- The people who visited us in hospitals when our family members were sick
- The encouraging words which built a strong will power in me
- The financial advice by few close people which help me to sustain the bad patches of my life……
The list may be endless……
Every act of benevolence can’t be enlisted but can be felt in the heart making me smile on my own, feeling of gratitude pours in, I bow down to God as He has sent all those selfless persons in my life. I could not return the debt to them, but I have learnt the selfless acts which can please the people I come across daily. I do look for success, I do hate failures but I restrain myself of being selfish to get on the success ladder. I compromise ( the ladies have to), I surrender and sometimes I feel happy to see the power hungry satisfied (foolish I?). I compromised the career advancement for my family, I surrendered myself to an orthodox joint family system, I accepted the “glass-ceiling” in the workplace, tolerated male chauvinists. I love solitude as my alone time teaches me the ‘selflessness’. I count how many times I have indulged myself in selflessness in my life!!
Happy days Readers. Hope after reading this you will count yours.