“They sit there in committees day after day, and they each put in a colour and it comes out grey. And we all have heard the saying, which is true as well as witty, that a camel is a horse that was designed by a committee.”…………. Allan Sherman
Why I chose this quote to start with witty? We working force most of the time work under this kind of committee where boss decides his own rules, he worships his own God. He decides about the workers’ efficiency according to his convenience. Do you like to work in this atmosphere which is dull enough to demoralise you every hour you are in? What about a working environment where the boss is witty enough to hold the whole workforce together and get the work done in style!
All of us enjoy an environment full of glamour and humour to keep the stress at bay. After all, we are there in our office for a whole day and what about getting some laughter free to keep the mind free? Somebody in the office is witty enough to crack jokes or throw that one-liner which triggers the dopamine to wake up! And some friend must be there who does not understand the witty line or gets into it sometime later bursting out in laughing! Hey….that is more enjoyable. I pray every day for some charm in my workplace, some intellectuality reflected through the joke or the wit or with the pure academic matter, but I can’t starve for intellectualism especially in my colleagues.
Ten reasons why we must have a witty boss or a friend at our workplace:
- Humour creates a jovial atmosphere which is conducive to work.
- There will be human errors but how your boss handles it is important. If a small mistake is poked lightly instead of scolding then the employee will feel free to work and will think out of the box.
- Productivity at work is directly related to the state of mind of the employee. With experience, I can affirm you that I always feel more energetic after a giggle or a laughter. The witty may be a colleague or a student but that humorous punch just lifts up my mood.
- Dopamine is a naturally occurring substance in our brain. It does the magic to scavenge away the stress from your body. Stress causes physical and Physiological damage to our body. So, laughter is the medicine for all.
- A leader or a boss must know how to cheer up his subordinates, build their confidence and allow them for free thinking so that everyone becomes creative. Success may not come with following a regular pattern but from innovative ideas created daily.
- One of the most important qualities of a witty boss is that he knows how o appreciate and punish his employees. Punished in a wise way so that the employee realises his mistakes and feel sorry. The style of punishment should not make the employee more arrogant or demoralized.
- Being successful is everybody’s mission and purpose of life. But if you are a leader minus wit then it is difficult t motivate your team and reach the goal. If you have an inborn sense of humour then you get the advantage of creating a good vibe among the team members and the ship sails through smoothly.
- Be funny, be confident. But remember, it comes from lots of reading, acquiring knowledge throughout life and putting the matter in the correct situation. It is an art and that is why not everyone is witty, so keep practising, keep nurturing your wit.
- Any person who can make others smile is blessed. This world needs happiness and love, more than wealth. Being witty and funny will attract more people towards him, the goodness will be in the air and the people will laugh together, each feeling the confidence of building a livable world.
- Witty, funny, creative, outgoing people become more successful in life to spread happiness around. Nobody cares how much wealth we make but how much joyous life we led. How many smiled because of me is important when I don’t live.