Most of us have a secret desire to achieve success in our life. It provides us with inner peace and bliss, but defining success is tough.
I prefer to define success this way- “Leave a mark that you existed”
What is the secret word to become successful? Is the key word for success ––“consistency”?
Everyone wants consistency, whether it is regarding running a business, investing, supervising employees, dieting, academic excellence, scientific research, nurturing one’s passion, exercising or parenting. Consistency develops routines, forms, habits and builds momentum.
Being consistent means—–
- Do your work every day with the same desire of achieving your goal.
- Be disciplined and make a routine for every day.
- If you are an employee in any organisation then be punctual in arriving at your workplace and starting the day’s work.
- Plan your work in the morning. Execute it during the day.
- In the Evening summarise what you did, try to understand the level of your satisfaction.
- If you are in business then you must be more disciplined to keep your clients/customers happy
- As we live in an Unpredictable world, Customers want predictability. A consistent person can provide a predictable service.
- If you are boss/leader yourself, then you have to be consistent with your attitude and behaviour. A fickle minded boss or leader is untrustworthy, neither good for the juniors nor for the organisation.
- While striving hard for success one must have short term and long term goals. Define them properly and let them hover your mind consistently.
To understand the need for consistency let us see what the successful and famous said about it.
“It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.”― Anthony Robbins
“Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying basic fundamentals.”― Jim Rohn
“Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time.” –John Maxwell
“Keeping possibilities alive requires a consistency of thought and focus.”― Steven Redhead
The requisition list is endless and life seems to be like a machine
What is the other side?
What if you are not consistent?
What if you are reluctant to be consistent?
Watch out what these famous men said, which will cheer you up:
“Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago.”― Bernard Berenson
“Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead. Consistent intellectualism and spirituality may be socially valuable, up to a point; but they make, gradually, for individual death” -Aldous Leonard Huxley.
Take a break from your routine work. Take out some time to go for a vacation to enjoy life’s all beauty. Even the most committed employees become bored out of consistent performance. Nature too gets furious sometimes, behaves in an unruly way, resulting in cyclones, tsunamis, earthquakes. It just protests against the routine!!!!
So Relax!!! Define your life’s purpose. Work on it while remaining consistently focused.
As Benjamin Disraeli said, “The secret of success is constancy to purpose.”
Leave a Reply